My full CV in PDF format can be downloaded here (last update February 2017); this page contains a condensed version.
- Born July 5th 1983 in Saint-Saulve, France.
- Currently living in Birmingham, United Kingdom.
- Nationality: French
- 2012: Ph.D. in English Linguistics at the University of Freiburg (Germany), under a co-tutelle with the University of Lille 3 (France), supervised by Martin Hilpert (Freiburg) and Maarten Lemmens (Lille), summa cum laude. Topic: Verbs, Constructions, Alternations: Usage-based perspectives on argument realization. (project summary here)
- 2008: M.A. in Linguistics, University of Lille III, France. summa cum laude.
- 2007: Maîtrise (first year of M.A.) in Natural Language Processing ("Traitement Automatique du Langage"), University of Lille III, France. summa cum laude.
- 2006: Engineer's degree at the Institut de Génie Informatique et Industriel (IG2I; Institute of Computer Technology and Industrial Engineering) in Lens, France, a division of the Ecole Centrale de Lille. Specialization: software engineering, passed with honors ("félicitations").
- Since April 2016: Lecturer in Cognitive Linguistics at the University of Birmingham, Department of English Language and Applied Linguistics.
- 2013 - 2016: Postdoctoral Teaching and Research Fellow in English Linguistics at the English department of the University of Basel, Switzerland (on unpaid leave from August 2013 to July 2014).
- August 2013 - August 2014: Postdoctoral researcher at Princeton University (USA), Department of Psychology, under a postdoc scholarship granted by the DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service).
- 2008 - 2012: scientific collaborator (wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter) at the Freiburg Institute for Advanced Studies, School of Language of Literature, Freiburg, Germany.
- Editor for the journal CogniTextes. I also supervise the technical aspects of our web platform and am in charge of putting the contributions online.
- Board member of the AFLiCo (French Association for Cognitive Linguistics).
- Webmaster of the AFLiCo website. I designed the current version of the website.
- Member of the DGKL (German Association for Cognitive Linguistics).
- Former associate member of the DFG-funded graduate school "Frequency effects in language" (Graduiertenkolleg DFG GRK 1624 "Frequenzeffekte in der Sprache")
- Affiliated postdoc and PhD alumnus of the Hermann Paul School of Linguistics (HPSL).
- Fall 2015: Language and the Mind (Proseminar), English Department, University of Basel.
- Spring 2015: Corpus Linguistics (BA seminar), English Department, University of Basel.
- Fall 2014: Corpus Linguistics (Master's seminar), English Department, University of Basel.
- Fall 2014: Language and the Mind (Proseminar), English Department, University of Basel.
- Spring 2013: Introduction to the History of English (Proseminar), English Department, University of Basel.
- Summer 2012: English Grammar (Proseminar I), English Department, University of Freiburg (course description).
- Winter 2011-2012: Meaning and cognition (Proseminar I), English Department, University of Freiburg (course description).
- Summer 2011: Semantics (Proseminar I), English Department, University of Freiburg (course description).
- Winter 2010-2011: Syntax (Proseminar I), English Department, University of Freiburg (course description).
- April 2008: Seminar on free software for Master students at the Faculté Libre de Sciences et Technologies, Lille, France.
- February-March 2008: Computer training (collaborative software and electronic communication tools) for undergraduate students passing the C2I certificate at Université de Lille III. 2x3 hours of classes, plus online training on the Moodle e-learning platform.
- French (native)
- English (near-native)
- German (fluent)
- Italian, Polish (basic knowledge)